The first multilingual Livestock protection conference as part of the 5 year project LIFEstockProtect. Several livestock farmers will share their past and current experiences and stories with us
The first multilingual Livestock protection conference as part of the 5 year project LIFEstockProtect. Several livestock farmers will share their past and current experiences and stories with us and will answer questions from the audience. You will learn from Italian livestock owners about their experience working together with volunteers to protect their livestock as part of the Pasturs project. From Bavaria you will hear the personal report of a former state advisor and long-time managing director of the sheep farmers’ association on the challenges of introducing livestock protection measures. From Austria you will hear from local sheep owners concerning livestock protection in the alps. Combined with the participation of livestock protection experts from Austria, Bavaria, and South Tyrol, we will make sure to provide valuable answers to the most pending questions of the audience.
- The conference is free but requires registration.
- It will be hosted via ZOOM which does not need any installation.
- The conference will feature simultaneous translation into Italian, German and English.
- There will be time to ask each presenter questions in either Italian, English or German.
- 9:00 Introduction of LIFEstockProtect
- 9:45 René Gomringer, former director of the sheep farmers’ association, Bavaria (Germany)
- 10:30 Coffee break
- 10:45 Fabio Boni, shepherd in the Bergamo province of the Italian Alps and part of the Pasturs project
- 11:30 Walter Schmiedhofer, sheep farmer in Styria (Austria)
- 12:15 Thomas Schranz, shepherd in Tyrol (Austria) and part of the project Region im Wandel
- 13:00 Closing act
Virtual Event Details
Event has already taken place!
(Tuesday) 09:00 - 13:00(GMT+01:00) View in my time
LIFEstockProtect (LIFE19 NAT/AT/000889) project is receiving funding from the LIFE Programme of the European Union.