This post is also available in: Deutsch
After a successful start of the project, it is time to invite all interested individuals to learn more about effective livestock protection and the LIFEstockProtect project. Just like the project itself, the first multilingual Alpine Livestock Protection Conference will have a very practical focus: livestock farmers from Austria, Bavaria and South Tyrol and livestock protection experts will share their experiences with us and will answer questions from the audience. This will be followed by a Press Conference, where these experts will answer all pending questions from the media.
By splitting this Conference in two parts, we will make sure that the interests of each individual will be met, may it be farmers, researchers, or journalists. Also, we want everybody, no matter if they speak German, Italian, or English to be able to participate in this event. Thus, we will offer simultaneous translations to Italian, English, and German. Like this, we will be able to welcome local, regional, and international audience!
Details of the Alpine Livestock Protection Conference
The Alpine Livestock Protection Conference will take place on the 26th of January 2021 from 9:00 to 13:00 CET.
Several livestock farmers will share their past and current experiences and stories with us. You will learn from Italian livestock owners about their experience of working together with volunteers to protect their livestock as part of the Pasturs project. From Bavaria you will hear the personal report of a former state advisor and long-time managing director of the sheep farmers’ association on the challenges of introducing livestock protection measures. From Austria you will hear from local sheep owners concerning livestock protection in the Alps. Combined with the participation of livestock protection experts from Austria, Bavaria, and South Tyrol, we will make sure to provide valuable answers to the most pending questions of the audience.
What you need to know:
- The conference is free but requires registration.
- It will be hosted via ZOOM which does not need any installation.
- The conference will feature simultaneous translation into Italian, German and English.
- There will be time to ask each presenter questions in either Italian, English or German.
- Thomas Schranz, shepherd in Tyrol (Austria)and part of the project Region im Wandel
- Walter Schmiedhofer, sheep farmer in Styria (Austria)
- René Gomringer, former director of the sheep farmers’ association, Bavaria (Germany)
- Fabio Boni, shepherd in the Bergamo province of the Italian Alps and part of the Pasturs project
To register for the conference click on the banner below. You will receive a confirmation email with the link that you can use on the day to participate in the event.
Details of the LIFEstockProtect Press Conference
The LIFEstockProtect Press Conference will take place on 26th of January 2021 from 14:00 to 15:00 CET.
Livestock protection experts will share their knowledge and answer all burning questions from the media concerning the largest livestock protection project in the German speaking Alps, co-funded by the European Union. In order to take into account the diversity of our project region (Austria, Bavaria and South Tyrol) and also to receive international press, experts from all 3 countries will be present to answer questions in German, Italian and English with simultaneous translation. At the end of the conference, country-specific questions will be addressed in 3 different breakout rooms so that journalists can ask region specific questions in their mother language. One representative of all project partners will be present and the 3 different LIFEstockProtect regions will be represented by:
- Otto Gasselich, Chairman BIO AUSTRIA Niederösterreich und Wien and Coordinating Partner
- Uwe Friedel, BUND Naturschutz Bavaria
- Julia Stauder, EURAC Research, South Tyrol
- Max Rossberg, European Wilderness Society, Austria
To register for this event click on the banner below. You will receive a confirmation email with the link that you can use on the day to participate in the event. For other press inquiries, please visit our Press Center.