The dates for the first LIFEstockProtect courses of 2023 have been finalised. The following courses will take place in April in Austria and are free to attend (apart from a small contribution for catering).
- 1. + 29. April – Practical livestock protection (Competence Centre HBLFA Raumberg-Gumpenstein, Styria)
- 14. April – Permanent fence building on a cattle farm (Competence Centre Biohof Herzog, Carinthia)
- 21. April – First encounter with livestock guarding dogs (Competence Centre Wanderschäferei Tiroler Oberland, Tyrol)
- 28. April – Fence buildling with T-posts (Competence Centre Wanderschäferei Tiroler Oberland, Tyrol)
These events are led by experienced livestock owners with a focus on practical implementation. Participants will learn the basics and capacities of effective livestock protection on different terrains – from farm to alpine pastures – and with different methods (permanent and temporary fencing, use of LGDs etc.). Further courses in the project regions of Bavaria and South Tyrol will be uploaded to the training website in the next weeks.
The courses can be booked over the LIFEstockProtect training website (see below). This site will be regularly updated with further information on the events, so keep your eyes peeled for new dates and details for existing courses. You can also subscribe to the LIFEstockProtect Newsletter for project updates.
If you’d like to take part, please see the following steps:
- Visit the LIFEstockProtect training website
- Choose the course you’d like to attend
- Add the course to your cart
- Put in the billing and additional information
- Complete payment
- You will receive a payment confirmation email.
Please send any questions over the contact form.
The LIFEstockProtect team is looking forward to welcome you at the courses!